Applying for a free place for your children
You can receive up to 570 hours per year FOR TWO YEARS COMPLETELY FREE (that is 15 hours per week).
Who is eligible, for further information
- Contact your health visitor
- Visit www.Stockport.gov.uk/2yearold
Your eligibility depends on:
- if you are working
- your income (and your partner’s income if you have one)
- your child’s age and circumstances
- your immigration status
For further information visit https://www.gov.uk/apply-30-hours-free-childcare
Once you have confirmed you are eligible
To find out more about how to claim your 15/30 hours free childcare:
- Drop into your local Start Well Hub/satellite
- Call in to Ladybird (find us here) or call 07876 820123
- Call Brinnington on 0161 406 9558 or Call Stonemill on 0161 218 1063
Our settings are open term time only at the following times.
- At Ladybird Brinnington we are open Monday – Friday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- At Ladybird Stonemill we are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30 am to 2.30 pm
Support your child's early learning and do not miss out on a free place.
The nearest Start Well Hub
- Brinnington Start Well Hub Westmorland Drive, Stockport, Cheshire, SK5 8HH Telephone number 0161 406 9558.
- Belmont & Lancashire Hill Startwell Hub, Stockport, Cheshire, Churchill Street, Heaton Norris, SK41ST
HM Government Childcare Choices
You may wish to get more information by clicking here for this useful government website.
What people say . . .
The biggest positive for us is how quickly you got them settled when they started. They are both really happy coming in each morning and it has made the transition to nursery really easy.
You are doing a great job. You can tell the staff are happy. They are so positive in the way they welcome me and my child. I know you genuinely care about my individual child. He loves nursery and since he started you have picked up on the same concerns that I had, and we have been on the same page since day one.
I cannot praise Ladybird enough; my daughter's confidence has come on leaps and bounds since starting here. Their multi-sensory approach to learning has made a massive difference and we would definitely recommend this nursery to our friends and family.
Staff at Ladybird Stonemill are super friendly, trustworthy and caring. I am anxious about not being with my son, but he loves going to nursery and has a good bond with all the staff. Best decision I have made, my son is so happy and loves the setting.